This 90-minute virtual session is split into three specific elements of resilience: what stress is in the workplace, physical coping strategies, as well as important mental and social coping strategies too. This is a practical, interactive session where participants are encouraged to think about their own personal experience of managing stress and their levels of resilience.
You will discuss what impacts our own wellbeing and that of those around us at work and at home. You will go on to explore what causes damaging levels of workplace pressure, how to build resilience levels, and then take some practical steps to improve wellbeing and performance. Participants leave the session with a firm commitment to better manage stress and increase levels of resilience.
Suitable for all business professionals particularly those in demanding or stressful roles.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe what impacts wellbeing at work.
- Understand what causes damaging levels of workplace pressure and how to build resilience levels.
- Leave the session with a firm commitment to better manage stress and increase resilience.
- Take some practical steps to improve personal wellbeing and performance.
What is Pressure at Work?
- Workplace pressure and the negative impacts
- Performance and pressure
- Internal and external causes
- Early warning signs and regaining balance
How Can We Manage It?
- Areas you can influence
- Trigger points
- Techniques; reframing, conscious relaxation, social support
What Will You Do?
- Next steps