Join the family
"The culture is why I joined Hemsley Fraser - it is friendly, open, entrepreneurial, and has high integrity... they care about people"
You spend a lot of time at work, so let’s make it a great place to be! HF is a family atmosphere and some of our staff have been with us since Day 1. Our average tenure is over seven years, and in today's gig-based economy we think that's saying something. In fact, over 35% of our workforce has been with us for more than five years.
While we work hard, we also have fun and support each other. There is always something going on – from the Great Cornish Bake-off, to the annual company-wide BBQ, to the Plymouth 10k, where nearly 50% of our global team took part or showed up to support. We even have our own on-site 'speak-easy', but you have to know the password to get in.
And of course, you'll get great experience, on a global scale. We work with blue-chip businesses across the world, supported from offices in London, New York, Montreal, Frankfurt, and the Southwest of England, where most of our employees are located (and yes, people do travel between these locations... or at least we did until recently)! Last year alone, we supported over 35,000 learners, in 70 languages and 90 countries. For the last 10 years, we’ve been recognised as a top-20 supplier worldwide for Leadership Development and Training Outsourcing. And one the Top 20 for our online learning library as well, since 2017 when the award category was first started.
We also offer:
- a chance to be a part of a great team
- modern and funky office space that you'll want to come in to (ok, we're all at home right now too...)
- flexible working with the ability to work remotely
- competitive annual leave and holidays
- an opportunity to 'buy' extra leave as desired for your quality of life balance
- your birthday off work with full pay. No one should have to work on their birthday!
- Christmas to New Years company shut-down - holiday time is special, we take a break to enjoy it
- great training and development opportunities
- pension contributions
- life insurance
- a paycheque!
And a whole bunch of new friendships that you will cherish for life.
Join the HF team!
If you would like to apply for any of these roles, please send your CV and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary FTE £19,000 to £21,000 per annum | Part-Time - 22.5 hours per week
Saltash | Deadline 30th July 2021
With the growing realisation across our UK client base that the Apprenticeship Levy can be widely utilised to upskill both new and existing employees, there is a hunger for support in creating the right strategy and approach to successfully roll out apprenticeship programmes.
We’re looking for someone with a drive and passion for building successful, mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers and for quickly establishing rapport with clients to understand their requirements and deliver an excellent customer experience. The ability to confidently handle enquiries and collaborate with clients, suppliers and colleagues to establish and improve processes is key.
We’re looking for people with great communication skills and attention to detail, the ability to manage differing priorities and a drive for continuous improvement.
Our team is fast-paced, supportive of each other, always respectful and above all else fun to be part of…
Salary £30,000 - £37,000 | Remote - Full Time | Deadline 30th July 2021
We are currently recruiting for a Virtual Learning Manager to join our Virtual Learning Team. This role supports the Head of Virtual Delivery with the ongoing management of the business line, through facilitation and production of VILT delivery and management of the VILT schedule and work into Hemsley Fraser. The role provides support during pre-sales when promoting and advocating the use of VILT delivery to new and existing clients.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Someone who is a natural communicator, with a strong passion for digital and online learning.
- Comfortable providing mediation and direction as needed, facilitating group discussion by encouraging peer learning using a variety of tools within the platform being utilised.
- An excellent facilitator, working with all VILT stakeholders to ensure learning objectives are realised.
- A role model for the principle of adopting a virtual, blended approach to learning solutions for internal and external customers.
- Someone who can foster and maintain strong working relationships with the HF virtual faculty, leading by example and ensuring VILT standards are maintained at all times.
Salary £21,000 – £25,000 | Saltash | Full Time | Deadline 2nd August 2021
We are looking for customer-focused, results-driven individuals to join our friendly Business Development team as a Client Partner. The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track-record of converting enquiries into profitable business quickly and efficiently.
- An ability to manage a caseload from multiple clients with simultaneous projects at the prospecting, pitching, negotiating and closing stages of the sales relationship.
- A complete understanding of HF’s capability and the confidence to suggest the most appropriate response to different client problems.
- Possess confident selling skills on the telephone, face-to-face and in writing.
Salary £19,000 - £21,000 | Saltash | Full Time - Fixed Term (Up to 12 months)
Deadline 3rd August 2021
We are looking for a creative and driven Graphic Designer to join our talented team. You will work with an innovative, forward thinking and exciting marketing team, working on a mix of marketing content and collateral.
You will create engaging and on-brand marketing, business development support and internal communications materials, for both online and offline campaigns and projects. Translating ideas into strong design concepts and providing ideas/innovations using understanding of the design and digital industry.
You will have:
- A degree or similar in Graphic Design or a similar related subject.
- A creative approach to work and problem-solving.
- An excellent understanding and knowledge of incorporating brand and style guidelines, layout and typography.
- Significant experience of using Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- A passion for designing for digital, with an understanding of digital design trends and emerging technologies.
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 | Remote - Full Time | Fixed Term Up to 12 Months
Our development team at Hemsley Fraser is expanding! Following the growth of our client portal system requirements and expansion of internally driven project work, the HF IT team have an exciting opportunity to offer a 12-month fixed term role for a .NET and C# IT Developer. We’re building Learning & Development systems for blue-chip clients and global brands reaching thousands of daily users, and our clients’ needs are evolving digitally as we move into an increasingly remote-focused world.
An increase in the number of client and internal projects has led to us seeking a talented individual to join our IT development team. We’re looking for someone who has experience working within strict project timelines and delivering to scoped requirements. The role is fast-paced and varied, with multiple projects handled simultaneously alongside back-end support of our various client-facing teams. You’ll be cooperative, joining in with team calls and collaborating with our clients as often as doing the day-to-day coding and scripting. We’re always looking to improve our efficiencies and productivity as part of a team effort, and you’ll be a valuable part of that process!
The role of IT Developer comes with a number of technical requirements. You’ll be proficient in C# and have some working experience in .NET 4.5+ Core. You’ll have developed in ASP .NET Core MVC applications, and have some experience in Entity Framework 6* and HTML, JS and CSS. All of our applications are built on a MSSQL framework, so you’ll need proficient knowledge of MSSQL databases. Ideally, a familiarity with RESTful APIs and Agile software development, UML, and source control via. TFS would be a bonus.
We’re a close, adaptable team and we’re excited to be growing the development function. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who takes pride in their work, enjoys flexibility, and can demonstrate lateral thinking and challenge solving in a software development project environment.
What's it like to work at HF? What's it like to work at HF?
I am proud to work for a company with such a long history of leadership in the industry. We aim to help everyone, even the busiest of people - with our on-demand playlists.
I once left HF but had to come back... It’s so rare to find a place to work which has you involved in really exciting and progressive client projects.
(we're so glad you did, Jake!)
I enjoy helping clients translate an idea into reality. I also love learning from the assets we produce internally for our staff on HF’s engagement Hub.
I really value the opportunity to travel & expand my knowledge & skills. Translating this into client solutions really does make working for HF a uniquely rewarding experience.
Interested in becoming
Our associate faculty members and consultants are often the ‘face of HF’ to the client, albeit predominantly virtual at the moment! So we want the best! If you are an experienced L&D professional who is looking for associate work, please get in touch. Faculty needs currently include:
- Instructional design
- Learning architecture development
- Executive-level facilitation (including virtual)
- Web-based and digital learning delivery
- Experiential learning or innovative delivery style