This course takes a holistic view of individual wellbeing; this starts with defining what the term means to you and then explores how to maximize the physical, emotional and mental domains of wellbeing. You will consider how to better understand your emotions and manage any negative or disruptive feelings and will start to build your mental agility by examining a difficult situation from a range of alternative perspectives.
You will also define the different types of stress and will be able to understand your own reaction to stress and how to use practical coping strategies to manage it more positively and proactively. You will leave the course with a useful self-assessment and a personal stress management plan.
This course is suitable for anyone who is concerned about any aspect of their personal wellbeing and would like to focus their efforts and energy on self-care and on dealing more positively with stressful situations at work.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Implement strategies to enhance your physical wellbeing
- Practice mindfulness
- Apply techniques to improve your emotional intelligence
- Use perceptual positions to build agility and flexibility when faced with change
- Explain the three main types of stress
- Identify the three types of reactions to stress
- Identify coping mechanisms through physiological, psychological and behavioral responses
- Work towards your own stress management plan