Combining proven leadership techniques with practical advice and individual insights, this course will link your personal leadership to the performance of others.
This two-day course will provide managers with proven techniques of people management which are directly applicable to the workplace. Delegates will learn how to channel the energy and motivation of individuals within their teams.
Designed for experienced managers and senior supervisors with more than two years’ experience of managing people but who have received little or no formal training.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define your role and responsibilities and assess how your personal style impacts on individuals.
- Project a more self-confident and professional managerial image.
- Build a cohesive team that works together to achieve objectives.
- Recognize and work with the diversity in your team.
- Delegate tasks to the benefit of individuals.
- Communicate confidently and positively with team members and senior colleagues.
- Motivate and develop individuals within your team.
- Deal with people problems quickly, confidently and professionally.
Putting Your Role into an Organizational Context
- Reviewing your role and responsibilities
- Recognizing the key leadership styles
- The impact of style on your team
- Management and leadership – the difference
People Management, Team Development and Delegation
- Leading a team to perform
- Recognizing and appreciating the diversity of work relationships
- Re-assessing the strengths and development areas of the team
- Review of essential delegation skills
Motivating the Team
- Setting goals for individual development and organizational growth
- Encouraging positive input from the individual
- Practical ideas on how to motivate your team
Creative Problem Solving and Managing Difficult People
- Tools for generating and choosing the right solutions to tricky problems
- Conflict situations - how to resolve them
- Strategies for dealing with difficult people
Priority, Plans and Performance - Organization is the Key
- Identifying key result areas
- How to manage and classify priorities to enhance levels of performance
- Developing effective team strategies
- Planning ahead - creating an action plan
- Engage with key stakeholders to improve performance
- Influencing and persuading across your organizational network
- Overcoming objections and resistance