This virtual session looks at defining and understanding what innovation is and how it looks in the workplace, along with how to approach being more innovative. It starts by generating a common understanding of innovation, what it is and what it looks like, plus the benefits and risks associated with it. It will allow participants to explore their own innovation persona. It concludes with the pillars of innovation and creativity and defines some steps that can be taken after the session. During the session, you will gain an understanding of the link between innovation and creativity and the benefits of innovation alongside potential risks. Participants will also get the opportunity to use mind-mapping as a creativity tool and find out what really innovative organisations are doing.
Suitable for anyone wanting to develop their approach to innovation.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define innovation and creativity, and describe the link between the two.
- Explain the benefits of innovation alongside potential risks.
- Identify your innovation persona and its implication in your job role.
- Use a mind-map as a creativity tool.
- Share innovation practices used by other organisations.
- Pinpoint actions for your own self-development.
What is Innovation?
- The innovation continuum
- Benefits and risks
Your Innovation Persona
- Consider your persona
- Innovation habits
- Benefits of mind-mapping
- Mind-mapping exercise
Pillars of Innovation and Creativity
- Eight pillars
- Review your approach