This high-impact residential programme will give leaders a crystal clear, 360 degree view of their strengths and development areas, using a globally recognised leadership framework from thought leaders Kouzes and Posner.
You will have the opportunity to receive one-to-one coaching and support from a facilitator in understanding your profile. They will help you to develop a personal leadership development plan to implement when you return to the workplace.
The Benefits of a Residential Course
Why is this a residential course?
We believe it allows you to continue your learning in a relaxed way (one of the exercises is carried out over dinner with the facilitators), it builds your network with other senior business leaders and encourages all in sharing knowledge and experience with fellow delegates.
It also means that the facilitators can give you the one-to-one coaching and feedback in a relaxed environment.
Suitable for department heads and senior managers who work cross-functionally. It is also valuable for high potential individuals on the fast track to promotion. You will need to deliver results through the effective management of people.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand your personal leadership strengths and limitations, and connect your own personal values with those of your organization.
- Recognise the impact of your personal actions and behaviors on those around you.
- Identify and build on your strengths and the areas you want to develop in.
- Identify how to develop and manage relationships with others, building their commitment to the success of the organization.
- Develop your skills in building coaching relationships with others to maximize their impact on the organization.
There is a pre-course work assignment for this course which will take no more than an hour. In addition, you will be required to undertake mandatory LPI 360-degree feedback which must be completed at least 2 weeks prior to course start date.
- How leadership makes a difference (Kouzes and Posner Leadership Practices Inventory™ )
- The evolution of thinking about effective leadership
- Your strengths and development areas - how you see yourself and how others see you
- Looking at your motivations and drivers - what energises and what drains you
- Understanding your own responses and using this to influence others (Emotional Intelligence)
Model the Way and Share your Vision
- Identify your personal values and how those values impact on the decisions we make
- Understand what leadership credibility is; the key to building trust and commitment
- Develop the skills to use unique vision stories
Challenging the Process whilst Enabling Others to Act
- Identify how to challenge the status quo
- How to create a climate for challenge for you and others
- Developing a talent profile for your team members
- Understanding your impact as a role model
- Coaching team members to enable exceptional performance
Encouraging the Heart
- Recognising and rewarding individual and team contributions
- Showing genuine appreciation for excellent performance
- Building a team spirit and collective identity
Personal Application Plan
- Build a meaningful plan of action to make a difference to you, your organization and your people
- Understand and plan for the barriers to achieving success
Optional follow up session
A two-hour one-to-one session with an accredited leadership practices facilitator. This session will allow leaders to retake the 360 degree feedback process again, six months after attendance on the High Performance Leadership course.
This will provide leaders with an opportunity to measure the success of their action plans over a six-month period. The session will focus on the leader's specific needs identified from the 360 degree feedback, identify success factors and continue to develop leadership behaviours that are key to success in your organisation.
For details of the follow up session, please call our Learning Advisors on 0845 071 2801.